Let’s cut to the chase: texting can be the difference between saying hello and goodbye to customers. Texting offers a powerful touchpoint to start conversations with customers, while also reaping several business benefits. Get the 101 on the who, what, why, and how of business texting below.
It’s not if your competition will add texting, but when. EZ Texting found that 84% of surveyed consumers already receive texts from businesses today. Get ahead of the adoption curve and add texting to your toolbelt.
With texting, contact centers become faster and more cost-effective. Texting has been shown to increase contact center efficiencies by 300% due to easy automation. Plus, agents can handle up to five texts for every one voice conversation.
Texting has proven to be an effective channel for driving customer engagement, leading to higher customer response rates and increased sales conversions. Forrester Consulting found that businesses with SMS grew an average of 10% year-over-year.
Today’s consumers aren’t afraid to move on from a company that isn’t delivering a great experience. And according to EZ Texting, 54% of those consumers are frustrated when they can’t text a business. Add texting to satisfy customers and drive conversions down the line.
Consumers are Texting
Your customers and competitors are texting. Are you?
of consumers wish more businesses texted them
of businesses use texting with customers today
of consumers tried replying to missed calls via text
Maybe the better question is, what does your company need? Do you wish to improve customer service experiences? Do you want to increase sales but lower contact center costs? Texting can do that! Consider some of the most common ways companies use texting today:
How do I add texting?
Bringing texting into your call center is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Choose the best number for your business: You can text via Toll-Free numbers, local numbers, or short codes. Each has its own benefits and limitations
- Pick your platform: In most cases, simply download a cloud- or app-based software platform. Work with a Service Registrar to find the right one for you.
- Prep your agents: With some light training on texting-specific rules and regulations, agents will be good to go
- Ready, set, text!
With Toll-Free, businesses can leverage a single, recognized national number for both voice and text. Consider the following benefits of text enabling your Toll-Free Number:
- Enables two-way conversations
- Can be person-to-person or person-to-machine
- Leverages a number you already use
- Cheaper and faster to activate than short codes
- Recognized by consumers as the primary means of contact for customer support
Text Enable Your Toll-Free Number
Find the right Service Registrar to put your business on the path to texting.